Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What Search Engine do you use?

    • It only took one question from my 8 year old daughter to wake me up to the reality of how pervasive internet technologies have become in our society today. Sitting at the dinner table the other night, she asked me whether I preferred Google or Bing for search. Besides being taken aback by this question from an 8-year old, I was more curious to understand why she asked the question. "Oh well, Dad… you know Bing does a better job of presenting information with images and I learn better with images." Okay. I can appreciate the validity of her response, but was it really true? I didn't set out to prove the truth in her statement, but wanted to find out user-habits when it came to searching on the web. I thus gathered information on which search engine people use on the web and thought to share the information with you.
    • From a business perspective, this should alert you to which search engines require your attention when it comes to reaching your target audience. That is, you may choose to optimize your website to reach audiences across all search engines, or target one or two based on their share of internet traffic.



No comments:

Post a Comment